About Us | Policies | Reconsideration of Library Material
The Board of Trustees of the Huntingdon Valley Library takes seriously all patron concerns involving our selection of materials. The following is our process for reevaluating materials:
1. Fill out a Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials form. You may drop the form off at the Circulation Desk or mail it to the Library Director, Sharon Moreland-Sender, at 625 Red Lion Road, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006.
2. You may request a copy of our Collection Development Policy at any time. The policy, as approved by the Huntingdon Valley Library Board of Trustees, indicates the criteria library staff uses to select material for the collection.
3. The Director will send you an acknowledgment that your form has been received. She will also indicate the timeframe within which you can expect a written response.
The following procedure will then be followed in a formal complaint to the Board of Trustees:
In order to have your request for reconsideration of a library item placed on the agenda of the next Board Meeting that you can attend, you must submit the request to the Director at least 14 days in advance of the Board meeting. (The Board normally meets on the third Thursday of each month.)
The complainant must appear in person, but may be accompanied by another spokesperson.
The Board will listen to your reconsideration request and respond to your complaint by taking one of the following actions:
1. Retain the material in the collection
2. Withdraw the material as requested
3. Revise the collection development policy
4. Defer action until the next Board meeting